Farseer is an advanced catering information saas service. The system provides a complete management system and equipment for the fast-paced Chinese restaurants in the big city. It can improve the operational efficiency of more than 10% of restaurants with a 20% reduction of employees, and provide decision support services based on big data analysis, mobile payment and cashier services, detailed financial statements, etc. However, the whole system is too expensive. The products from giant companies only provided very few functions but free to use, so we ended in disastrous defeat. I am the TL of this project, with 36 programmers, 4 hardware engineers, 6 designers, 6 product managers, 12 sales, 4 customer service staff, and 2 experimental restaurants, etc.
My jobs in this project are:
1. software architecture design and tech selection
2. business model design
3. project financing
4. product requirements design
5. participated in hardware industrial design
6. using php swoole to write a sandboxed runtime for the branch restaurant environment
7. using php swoole to write a callback failure retry system of the weak network environment
8. using frp to set a NAT service for the branch restaurant environment
9. using react-native to write some fast demos for advancing the development progress
10. building a private device VPN network based on openvpn and dnsmasq
11. training a full-stack programmer in this project
Related tech keywords:
php swoole, swift, java-android, react, mobx, react-router, redis, mariadb, matlab, openvpn, dnsmasq, nginx, frp
The Chinese food industry has always been unpopular with investors, mainly because of the chaotic management and low level of informatization. However, this is not the case with restaurants that installed Farseer, so we have derived the Farseer Investment service for investors. I am the product manager of this project, with a little of 4 programmers, 1 designer, and 4 catering management experts.